Data Protection Impact Assessment
A Data Protection Impact Assessment goes beyond a rigid application of the legal requirements. It requires an interdisciplinary approach and experience.
Key element of Data Protection Impact Assessment is understanding the underlying technology. We bridge the gap between technology and law by having experts in both fields work side by side to assess your project.
- Employee monitoring technologies, CCTV operations
- Collaboration tools with employee-tracking elements
- Technologies supporting Security Operations Centre (SOC)
- Large projects involving changes in telecommunications infrastructure
- Analysis of movement patterns and movement data (‘smart cities’)
- Use of wearable devices for health monitoring
- AI-powered automated process improvement
- Cloud-based outsourcing
- Enterprise adoption of Google, Microsoft and Amazon products (for example Google Translate, Office365 or Amazon Alexa)
- Building of an enterprise-wide Data Lake
- Secondary use of data, including that related to health or mobility
- Data collection, analysis and profiling in the ad-tech environment.
• Introduces new technology
• Is carried out on a large scale
• Involves automated decision making, profiling
• Tracks location of people
• Entails employee monitoring activities or public surveillance
• Involves data of children or other vulnerable groups of people
• Includes sensitive types of data such as genetic, biometric or otherwise health related.
By working with us and utilising our broad experience, you can have your DPIA done effectively and efficiently. Our goal is to make sure the outcomes we provide are constructive.
We understand that the nature of certain technologies leads to inherent conflicts of certain data protection principles (e.g. big data vs. data minimisation principle, or AI vs. transparency principle). In such situations, certain trade-offs may be acceptable, but they must be applied with extreme caution. Our knowledge of technology and deep experience in practicing data protection puts us in a good position to guide you through these challenges.
Schedule a conversation with us or drop us a mail to see how we can help in shaping your strategic privacy and data protection position!